"A mentor empowers a person to see a possible future, and believe it can be obtained." -Shawn Hitchcock
My Cal High mentor is Mrs. Cranford, who is our school's principal! When I asked Mrs. Cranford to be my mentor, she so kindly accepted. She
told me she was really excited about what I was doing, and most
importantly to me she told me she knew I could do it. I picked her for a multitude of reasons. Here are my top 3:
1. She is a passionate, driven, and hard working woman who has achieved so much already, and at such a young age. I aspire to have all of these same traits; being around her inspires me.
2. Some of my largest motivation for wanting to build this school in Ghana roots from my passion for spreading education and empowering women. It is pretty clear to anyone that looks that these passions are most definitely shared by Mrs. Cranford, a woman who has dedicated her life's work to education.
3. Last but not least, Mrs. Cranford is a pusher and makes me believe I am capable of anything I set my mind to. She reminds me a lot of one of my former bosses, Jessica, whom I have mentioned in several of my blog posts. They both have helped me set high goals and expectations for myself and having expectations like this from people such as Mrs. Cranford and Jessica help me grow as a person and motivate me to work my hardest.
Mrs. Cranford not only empowers me to visualize reaching my goals, but pushes me to achieve them and through doing so she makes me believe in myself. I am very excited for more time, talks, and advice from her through out this journey!
Nicole,
ReplyDeleteI feel so lucky to have the opportunity to work with such a passionate and caring young lady. Looking forward to the year ahead!
- Mrs. Cranford
What a PERFECT fit! I am so glad that you two are getting to know each other this year. And I just know that Ms. Cranford is going to be such a source of support for you. She is top notch! I can't wait to hear more about your meetings as the year progresses.
ReplyDeleteWow! SO cool that you will be able to interact and become close with the leader of our school! I think that having Mrs. Cranford helping you along your incredible project will really make a big difference. What you are doing is changing the world, and who knows how big you could really take this thing!
ReplyDelete