Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Personality Inventory

"Be yourself; everybody else is taken."

This has always been one of my favorite quotes! When discovering who we are as people, it is important to make sure that we are true to who we are. This isn't as simple as it seems however, because it leaves us with the big question: Who am I? What is my personality?

When taking inventory of my personality, I took both the Holland and Meyers-Briggs tests. On the Holland test, I got "SEC" and "ESC," My results were as follows:
Investigative: 5
Artistic: 5
Social: 15 *highest
Enterprising: 15 *highest
Conventional: 9
This essentially means that according to the Holland personality test, I am social, full of initiative, traditional, and that I don't have particularly high investigative or artistic qualities. I wouldn't necissarily agree or disagree with this assesment; I would indeed consider myself a social person, I am typically pretty full of initiative, but I don't always go the traditional route. Although I do love a lot of traditional styles, and am not opposed to structure, I also really love a lot of new and creative approaches. I am also very curious about a lot of things and love to read and find out new facts all the time; I would definitely rate myself as more investigative than this test did.

On the Meyers-Briggs test, I received: ENFJ
Extravert(53%)  iNtuitive(28%)  Feeling(47%)  Judging(19%)
  • You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (53%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (28%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (47%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (19%)
I do agree that I am an extrovert with some definite introverted qualities. I also do follow my heart and gut more than "sensing" and "thinking". 

I think it is important to know this for both the workplace and my personal life because even if this test isn't completely accurate, I do love to know the areas that I can build up and which ones I can continue to work on to be the best I can be always!

No comments:

Post a Comment