Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Success in my Eyes

"Success isn't about how much money you make; it's about the difference you make in people's lives." -Michelle Obama

Success is defined in many different ways by many different people. That, to me, makes the word that much more beautiful and powerful. My definition, is similar to Michelle Obama's. Success to me, is making a difference in people's lives, including my own. Success in my eyes has no scale, and can be found in even the smallest of things. For me personally, success is an intrinsic, non-tangible emotion that I get. Success for me, is laying down in my bed at the end of the day and feeling satisfied with the way that I am living my life. Success can be found in small every day things; making a new recipe, getting a friend a killer birthday present, doing really well on a test that I studied my booty off for, nailing a new workout, perfecting a new yoga pose, etc. The list is really endless for the things that make me feel like a success on a day to day basis. However, with that being said, some successes are stronger than others, and give a higher feeling of achievement. I love the Stephen Hogan quote that says, "You can't have a million-dollar dream with a minimum-wage work ethic." This statement couldn't be more true. I think it is incredibly important to always strive for magnificent things: even aiming for the seemingly impossible. Having goals and making future plans is vital to growing as a person. But we must remember with this, that success is not just that end result. There are a million small successes along the way, and I believe they deserve to be celebrated. I don't think money, fame or status can measure one's success and worth. I know what makes me truly happy, and when I am laying on my death bed looking back at life, the success that will stand out to me, will most definitely not be measured in dollar signs or any other materialistic entity.



4 comments:

  1. I really liked that quote by Stephen Hogan, it's 100% accurate. In everything you do I can see the passion and drive in your eyes to be successful. Watching you accomplish so much is so rewarding, it makes me want to get out there and work harder. The small things really are important. Everyone is focused on the big picture but it's nice to step back and succeed in some day to day activities, as you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love how you describe success as, and it looks like you put a lot of time and thought into this blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole-
    I really like the quote about work ethic. It's very inspirational and motivational. I love how you define success, your personality is definitely reflected in your ideas. You're so caring and passionate about helping people. You are working so hard to help people. I think that's amazing!
    -Emily R

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole, first off, you are without even the slightest doubt in my mind going to be one of the most amazing and successful (in the mind of everyone) people to ever graduate Cal High and even be in the world. What you consider to be successful is truly perfect. Success really can be and is in everything you do everyday. As long as you're moving forward and growing as a person, everything you do is a success. I am so inspired by all you do and all you plan to accomplish. It would actually take an apocalypse to stop you from accomplishing your goals and becoming successful. I can't wait to see where you are in 10 years and always know that I would love to help out or be involved with anything and everything you're doing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete